A little cumin goes a long way… usually. But in this smooth simple salsa, heavy cumin is definitely the way to go! So delicious! So addictive! And made fast with pantry ingredients.
Super Simple Restaurant Style Salsa
Made from pantry staple ingredients, this easy flavorful sauce hits all the bells and whistles. Delicious on tacos, eggs, chips, or anywhere you like salsa!
- 2 1/2 to 3 Tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground chili powder
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh garlic cloves
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- All contents of one 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- Optional: finely chopped fresh cilantro, about 1/4 to 1/2 cup, to your preference
- Optional: fresh jalapeno, finely diced (about one jalapeno, seeds removed created a medium heat; add amount desired)
- Into a large mixing bowl, add lime juice, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
- Stir to combine and dissolve ingredients.
- Add garlic and onion, and tomatoes.
- Stir to thoroughly combine.
- If using cilantro and/or jalapeno, stir them in to thoroughly combine.
This salsa is delicious eaten immediately, but even better if you let it sit in the fridge a develop for a while.