Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
These simple sweet chocolatey little bites were made in Sybil’s Vegan Demo, recently posted, and they are the perfect tasty finish to her Popeyes Chicken-inspired vegan Chicken and Biscuit dinner.
Sybil says that at home, these cookies spread beautifully. Something happened in translation in the clubhouse oven and they did not spread, but no matter! They are still tasty and cute as-is. However these cookies come out, they will be good! Sybil made several batches and could not make them fast enough for all the little hands AND adult hands waiting at-the-ready to grab them up.
To follow is the Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe from Sybil’s Vegan Foods Demo
Check out Sybil’s Demo Posted Here with Louisiana Spicy Fried Chicken Style Seitan
Super Simple Cookie Method
Creaming the coconut oil and sugar…
Stirring in the other wet ingredients. Dry ingredients get combined in a separate bowl.
Then everything goes into one bowl together.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Roll cookies balls, place on parchment, flatten slightly, and bake.
This is vegan food… feel free to quality control (taste your food) at every step. 🙂
After a few minutes in the oven…
The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Daily Rebecca – check out her original post here. These are the tasty cookies used in Sybil’s Vegan Foods Demo.
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour (please note alternate flours WILL change the outcome of the recipe!)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (Trader Joe’s chocolate chips are accidentally vegan!)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Cream (aka thoroughly mix) together the coconut oil & brown sugar, then add the almond milk & vanilla. The mixture may be really “liquidy” this is OK.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the wet & dry ingredients (it WILL BE crumbly – this is OK), then fold in the chocolate morsels & any other mix-ins of your choosing.
- Roll into Tbsp sized balls & place them on an ungreased cookie sheet (or on a sheet of parchment paper on the baking sheet), then flatten them out a bit with your palm. The dough may be a little crumbly, but just smoosh it together and it will work fine!
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.