Vegan Daughter Paleo Son

Specific Diets

For a  list of frequently used diets with brief explanations, click Popular Diets.

My philosophy on Diet

  • There is no one-size-fits-all Diet Plan – It does not matter what works great for your friend or neighbor; you and your physician must determine what works best for you. You are unique! Even on a recommended diet, there will be tweaking you can do to optimize your health and enjoyment.
  • You should never feel deprived by your diet. Even if your physician has prescribed a very strict diet which eliminates 78% of the foods you love and are accustomed to, there will still be ways to make that remaining 22% satisfying and desirable. Celebrate the 22%! If you have chosen a diet and you feel it is causing you suffering and deprivation, especially if you chose it because it works for someone else, it simply may not be meeting your needs.  It may be time to consider new ideas.
  • Making a diet work (so that you do not grab convenience foods last minute) requires planning ahead. Really, it is not hard; it just may require an adjustment in thinking.
  • Whole foods are best for everyone. That is one generic statement that I stand by. Whatever diet you prefer, or your body dictates, will be best utilized if you start with real food. In the long run, it will save you money as well.

Information on this site should NOT be taken as medical advice. Always consult your physician in matters of health.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: